NEW! Bring in your used, branded, ink cartridges and toners and help raise money and eco points
We are working with a company called ‘Empties Please’. They collect and recycle used ink and toner cartridges the environmentally friendly way and will donate the money raised back to us!
It’s very simple. All you have to do is bring in your used ink cartridges (original brand cartridges from HP, Cannon, Lexmark, Samsung accepted) or toner cartridges (original Brother, Dell, HP, Canon, Epson) and put them in our recycle bin. ‘Empties Please’ will collect the bin when it’s full and then donate money raised straight back to our school with a certificate to display in our reception area.
How else can you help?
We’d like everyone to contribute something but we know people are busy and have many calls on their time and money so here are some ideas of how you can help:
- Bake a cake to sell at one of our events;
- Help out on a stall or serve teas for as long as you can spare; even half an hour makes a big difference to our ability to run events;
- Donate a raffle prize or ask someone you know if they can;
- Come to one of our lively meetings;
- Buy a tea-towel/mug/apron for Father’s Day or Christmas;
- Donate old toys, books and bric-a-brac for us to sell at the summer fair;
- Come to our events and spend money!
Donation direct to school
Some parents have told us that whilst they want to support us, they have no time and would like to make a donation to our funds instead. If you would like to do this we would be delighted to receive donations. We can accept cheques made payable to 'Friends of Pilsley School'. Please hand them to a committee member, or Mrs Branson in the school office.
In 2015/6 we spent a lot of time trying to register for Gift Aid. We discovered that we needed to become a Registered Charity and have two named individuals on the committee willing to be responsible for the Gift Aid part and in particular, one of the would have to do a tax return for the PTA. We do not have these skills currently on the committee, and are concerned that every 2 years or so, it would have to be other named people doing this, so ultimately Git Aid remains elusive unless anyone reading this has experience setting up Gift Aid and would like to help us! Please get in touch!
There is plenty planned for the coming months (see Forthcoming PTA Events and Activities webpage
and school calendar!) and your help and support would be greatly appreciated. We’d also love to hear about any other ideas for fundraising so please let any of the PTA Committee know.
There are a number of ways that we can raise funds through our normal everyday activities. Here are a few suggestions – if you know of other ways then please let us know.
- Buy from selected catalogues and a percentage of the sale goes to the school. Try these:
- Webb Ivory http://www.webbivory.co.uk/ – for your cards, wrapping paper, gifts, home ware, outside equipment and craft supplies
- Yellow Moon http://www.yellowmoonuk.org/ or Baker Ross http://www.bakerross.co.uk/– for your art and craft supplies and toys
- Phoenix Trading Cards https://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/chatsworthsarahporter/ – for all your cards from birthdays to thank yous. They are great value too.
- Sutton Seeds seed catalogues http://www.suttons.co.uk/ – for all your gardening requirements – it’s the time for planting!
- Go through a registered website to do your online shopping and earn commission for the school.
- Try http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ and select Pilsley CofE Primary School, Bakewell
- The school PTA now have a giving machine account, this website donates money to the PTA when you shop online to register please go to https://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/login/giver and select Pilsley CofE Primary School, Bakewell
Let Work Help
Some companies will match fund whatever parents and friends have earned for the school in return for a bit of publicity in the school etc. Why not ask the company you work for if they offer such a scheme. It might not be on a pound for pound basis but every little helps. Please let the PTA Committee know if your company can help.
Thank you to everyone who helps/supports/contributes.