Having a clear out?
If you are having a clear out, please save clothing, bedding, CD’s, DVD’s and books for a PTA jumble sale and then a bags for school collection when we all return.
Taken to growing your own?
If you have been setting seeds with the kids or starting a new veg patch, why not sow an extra seed or two and we can have a plant swap and sale when we all get back?. It will be exciting to see what all the children and parents have grown and how big the plants are. Don't worry if you find the plant gets too big for a pot before we get back we could always have a veg swap instead. Let's make the most of this weather and combine it with our home schooling activities. :)
We are all doing a lot more of it so why not raise money for the PTA at the same time by registering with ones of these companies below who donate a little to the PTA every time you shop.
- Buy from selected catalogues and a percentage of the sale goes to the school. Try these:
- Webb Ivory http://www.webbivory.co.uk/ – for your cards, wrapping paper, gifts, home ware, outside equipment and craft supplies
- Yellow Moon http://www.yellowmoonuk.org/ or Baker Ross http://www.bakerross.co.uk/– for your art and craft supplies and toys
- Phoenix Trading Cards https://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/chatsworthsarahporter/ – for all your cards from birthdays to thank yous. They are great value too.
- Sutton Seeds seed catalogues http://www.suttons.co.uk/ – for all your gardening requirements – it’s the time for planting!
- Go through a registered website to do your online shopping and earn commission for the school.
- Try http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ and select Pilsley CofE Primary School, Bakewell
- The school PTA now have a giving machine account, this website donates money to the PTA when you shop online to register please go to https://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/login/giver and select Pilsley CofE Primary School, Bakewell
Lock down activities for kids
1. Colour in a thank you poster for our posties at the Royal Mail
2. If your kids are missing their school swimming or want to get ready for next year they can have a look at the RNLI's water safety activities here or watch some swim skills videos here
3. Visit a virtual museum